This food gives you many properties. Including the feeling of fullness Helps with digestion and reduce cholesterol levels
Artichoke is a plant found in the vegetable group. It’s usually planted like this. in healthy soil And rich in organic matter and very deep from seed, graft or graft, they require reproduction. Stable humid environment This is because they do not tolerate extremely cold or hot temperatures. Cultivation occurs mostly in moist areas. Picking and consumption seasons are November and March. It is recommended that artichokes have Drip irrigation systemBecause these things need moisture.
There are many different varieties of artichokes. These things are different. according to its color, size or shapeSome are commonly grown and consumed in Spain, such as the white artichokes from Tudela. The types of artichokes you can find at the market are as follows:
These artichokes have a more elongated shape and have much longer leaves. It is different from the previous name. corresponds to its color. Purple artichokes are not commonly found in Spain. It is also commonly consumed in other countries such as Italy and France. Within this category are some varieties such as Provenza, Monquelina, Morada Mallorquina, Macau and Palermo.
Blanca de Tudela
This type of artichoke is found mainly in the Tudela and Benicarló areas, and production occurs more often in the spring, especially. in cold areas. Considering the appearance These artichokes are slightly more oval in shape. It also gives the impression that there are many people because the leaves are close together and closed together.
This variety is found mainly in the south of Andalusia, especially in Granada. There, artichoke is often produced especially in the summer through. seed cultivation and can be stored until November Its body is more rounded than its predecessor and the size of its scales has become larger.
Features of artichoke
Artichokes are an indispensable food for you. daily meals Because its consumption gives you many benefits. Including the ability to purify and much more. With all these benefits and properties Therefore, it is recommended to consume at least artichokes. 2 or 3 times a week.
- It is a cleansing food. This is one of the most famous characteristics of the artichoke. Artichokes are also produced. feeling of fullnessTherefore, with this benefit Consumption thus helps in weight loss and avoids fluid retention. Make this intake a basic component of your diet.
- Helps with digestion One feature of this diet is that it regulates both the formation and flow of bile. Therefore helping the digestive system to Eliminate water and wasteThis makes it an ideal food for people with gallbladder disease or diseases that affect the liver.
- Artichokes contain a substance called cinara inside which helps both. Cholesterol and triglyceride levels will decrease
- Helps reduce blood sugar levels The main reason is due to the components in carbohydrate.
Benefits of artichoke
In addition, this food has intrinsic properties that will help you especially if you suffer from heart problems or heart disease:
- There are flavonoids inside that play a role. protect the body Against heart disease, it also creates antioxidant effects.
- This food has a percentage Very low in calories.
- Contains phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium.
- It has high content in the fiber.
Although artichoke is a recommended vegetable for all healthy people, But there are some prohibitions on consumption. Anyone who is suffering Intestinal problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, or intestinal hyperplasia.
It is also not recommended for women who are in pregnancy or who has given birth and are breastfeedingPeople with allergies Marigolds, daisies, ragweed, or chrysanthemums You should be careful when eating artichokes because they can cause allergic reactions.
With this food you can make many recipes and also combine it with other ingredients. In it you can prepare The following dishes: :
- Baked Artichokes Here’s the recipe. Very easy This is because the only ingredients required are artichokes, oil, and salt. in preparation The oven will do most of the recipe once it’s been sliced and seasoned with salt and oil.
- Stuffed Artichokes This dish is more complicated, though. But that’s how it is. Very versatile specify that You can play and play with this vegetable. of endless food Among the best known are meat-stuffed artichokes. Although the preparation is much more complicated. But in the end, you’ll be left with a delicious recipe that you just can’t resist.