There are certain skin tests used to detect allergic reactions. Find out what tests you need to do in your case.
allergy It is a reaction that the body experiences when faced with something that it considers strange.Strange or unusual this reaction It’s a way to protect yourself. The action of the body when faced with such an unknown substance that is considered dangerous in an attempt to eliminate it and inadvertently harm itself. People without allergic reactions will detect this substance as a foreign substance. But the body can eliminate or neutralize it without harming itself.
recently Having certain types of allergies is very common.This is due to the excess cleanliness that exists today, a person’s genes, food, pollution, etc. Substances that cause allergic reactions include: Allergens can enter the body in several ways:
– – For the respiratory system: such as flower pollen, colonies, etc.
– – Through the digestive system: Such as certain foods, drinks, certain drugs, etc.
– – Contact or through the skin: such as chalk, wool, vaccines or injections Insect bites, etc.
What are the symptoms of an allergic reaction?
Allergy symptoms depend greatly on the type, person, body, defenses, and substance that is causing the allergic reaction. Some of the most common symptoms include:
– There are tears in your eyes and itching or burning in your eyes.
– Nasal congestion and mucus
– Itching in the nose, throat, roof of the mouth, or both.
– Hives or redness in areas exposed to allergens.
– Itching of skin that has come into contact with substances to which you are allergic.
– A whistling sound came from his chest.
– Difficulty breathing after contact with allergens
– Cough or sneeze
– Vomiting or diarrhea
What can I be allergic to?
now Can be allergic to any substance or item.Although a particular affliction, as we have said, depends on a person’s genes. The food they eat lifestyle environmental pollution, etc. However, the most common allergies today are:
Allergic to pollen from flowers, trees, weeds, or grasses: This allergy often causes a stuffy nose, sneezing, and itchy nose, eyes, and palate.
THE Allergic to animal skin or hair: Often symptoms include coughing, wheezing, runny nose, sneezing, itchy eyes, nose, and roof of the mouth.
Allergic to mites or cockroaches: Often causes coughing. Wheezing, runny nose, sneezing, itchy nose, eyes, and roof of the mouth
Allergy to certain foods such as milk, eggs, wheat, etc.: May cause inflammation of the tongue or lips. Feeling suffocated, vomiting, diarrhea, itchy eyes, and hoarseness
– – Latex allergy: This type of allergy often causes itchy skin, red rashes, hives, and blisters.
– – Drug allergy: Often characterized by hives. skin rash and even allergies
– – Insect bites: Pain and itching of the skin, inflammation, redness, in the worst cases, suffocation.
What types of tests can be done to check for allergic reactions?
There are several tests that an allergist can do to detect certain types of allergies in a person. The most commonly used and most well known skin test. They are divided into 3 types depending on the method of operation:
– – Try stabbing, scraping, or scarring the skin:
In this test Allergists use small amounts of substances that may cause an allergic reaction. By dripping directly onto the skin. Usually on the arm
Then gently prick or scrape the drops to allow the substance to penetrate the body, which, according to the preventive method, causes slight swelling in the area where the substance that caused the allergic reaction was placed. Results generally take about 15 to 20 minutes.
– – Skin test:
In this case, the allergist injects a substance that may cause an allergic reaction into the dermis and waits for the body to react. If this occurs, an allergic reaction to the substance occurs. This method is widely used to detect drug allergies. Penicillin Insect bites or the failure of the previous method.
– – Tested via patch:
In this type of test The allergist will be tested for the allergen he believes is causing the skin allergy for approximately 48 hours; and check the results after 72 or 96 hours from use. This type of test is performed for allergic reactions that involve contact with skin such as cat fur, chalk, etc.
– – RAST Test or Radiation Absorption Test:
This test is characterized by drawing blood in people who may have allergies. Tests are performed on such blood to accurately recognize the amount of specific antibodies present. Because these things happen when the patient has allergies.
Before doing any testing To check for allergies Your allergy specialist will ask you about your symptoms. How often you have been sick with these symptoms, duration of symptoms, severity Including whether you take medication or not. The environment you move into, the type of job, the environment in which you live. disease you suffer from If you currently experience any problems, your family members’ allergy history, your eating habits, and your lifestyle.
What to do if the test is positive?
If the above test results are positive and an allergist has diagnosed you as allergic to certain substances. An appropriate plan or treatment will be proposed to control such allergies, prevent them, reduce symptoms, eliminate allergies, etc.The most common procedures that doctors order are:
– Avoid contact with allergens. If possible, remove them.
– Always take medicine as prescribed by your doctor to reduce or eliminate symptoms.
– Get vaccinated to prevent such allergies. Every time if your doctor recommends it. Because he knows in your case whether it will be cured or not.