in the autumn We don’t deal with allergies like we do in spring and it’s a risky season. We will tell you why allergies should be controlled this time.
Allergies have an impact year-round. But it is the changing of the seasons that affects people the most. during the spring No one doubts it. Pollen in the air makes many people afraid to leave their homes. However, some people are still surprised when they start sneezing in the fall. Why are allergies worse in the fall?
1. Temperature drops
in the autumn Especially from October onwards. The temperature is starting to drop. And we can find sudden temperature changes from one day to the next. Not just on the road but at home as well. When the weather starts to get colder Many houses began to turn on the heating and Natural ventilation is reduced. On the other hand, there is more humidity in the environment. If we put all this together We will have the perfect breeding ground for dust mites to breed. The most sensitive serpus triggers an immune response. The person will have symptoms of coughing, runny nose, sneezing, red and watery eyes, etc. These are only mild symptoms. In more severe cases The person may suffer from hives, difficulty breathing, asthma, or even anaphylaxis.
2.Be careful of objects
Things to remember, many of which People who don’t know is It’s not just where you are that matters. But also the things that are in it. So mattresses, carpets, sheets, blankets, pillows and other objects that collect mites They become more dangerous in the fall. As humidity within the home increases, in public we also find allergens on objects where dust mites can easily collect, for example wet clothes or wet towels at the gym. Toys or stuffed animals in the nursery, etc.
3. Starting to study
Children are more likely to be affected by allergies than adults, firstly because their immune systems are not as strong as ours. But also because after a long summer. Classes should start in September. and may come into contact with other children with pets at home (They always get pet hair on their clothes.) Additionally, we mustn’t forget about food allergies. When coming back to study again It is likely that children may accidentally eat food they are allergic to in the dining room or by eating food from classmates.
4. Viral diseases are increasing.
When it comes to autumn The virus will spread more rapidly. Unfortunately, the general symptoms of allergies worsen.
5. Neglecting the use of medicine
People with allergies tend to abandon them or at the very least. Forgo taking medication during the summer because you feel better.However, when fall arrives again and with the spread of house dust mites, symptoms worsen. For this reason, doctors recommend that people with asthma or dust allergies continue taking the medicine during the summer if they Don’t want to suffer from an allergy crisis either. the arrival of autumn
6. Contact with pets
If you have pets You know that in autumn and winter We will be in more contact with them. Basically it’s because we’ve been home longer due to bad weather. In the case of dogs The walks don’t take as long or as often as in the summer.
The most common fall allergies and their symptoms
1. Food allergy Students and workers return to their daily routines after the vacation. Because many people go out to eat It is more likely that they may have been exposed to allergens.
2. Allergic rhinitis It is caused by exposure to certain allergens such as dust or pollen. There may also be asthma symptoms.
3. Asthma It is the most common type of allergy. It is usually caused by allergens such as dust, mites, humidity, mold, and animal dander. and some types of food
4. Allergic to pets Contact with animal skin and dander can trigger symptoms of allergies. So we spend more time at home and with them.
5. Atopic dermatitis With the cold wind coming Our skin tends to peel. Moreover, when the temperature is low We opened the closet and took out a sweater. The coat came out… Clothes made from fur maintain body temperature but also make the skin easier to peel.
How to prevent allergy symptoms
- Deep cleansing It’s no secret that to prevent dust allergies and dust mites you need to vacuum your house frequently. If someone in your family experiences this problem It is recommended to remove carpets, stuffed animals, and other types of objects. That can collect dust and mites. Otherwise, vacuum the carpet often. It’s not just sweeping.
- Avoid heating You’d rather wear clothes at home than turn on the heater. Not only will your lungs thank you. But also your body. You should change your air conditioner or heating filter frequently. To avoid the accumulation of dust and dust mites into the environment.
- Take care of your bed You should wash your bedding in hot water once a week to get rid of mites. Children’s stuffed animals, on the other hand, should be kept away from the bed. The same goes for pets. Finally, don’t eat the bed and change the bed at least every 10 years.
- Don’t collect wet clothes. Allow it to dry for a long time while washing in a dry place exposed to sunlight.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. It is a type of filter that ensures that absorbed allergens do not return to the floor once vacuumed.
- at fresh products Shouldn’t be left outdoors. and must take out trash every day
- If you have plants at home, you should follow the method. Condition of the earth and leaves If there is mold or rotten parts
- Avoid walking through parks or gardens for a while.
- Avoid contact with tobacco. finished Strong smell It comes from cleaning products, perfumes, lacquers, etc.
- Choose hygiene products Alcohol free and other allergens