We have some solutions you can prepare at home to relieve itchy eyes caused by allergies or conjunctivitis.
Many people suffer from itchy eyes every day. The causes are very diverse. From allergies and colds to diseases like conjunctivitis. Although the initial reaction is to rub your eyes and feel relief, after a short while it will start to itch again because you will only irritate the area.
Before trying any natural product, ask yourself if your itchy eyes could be caused by an allergic reaction. If this is the case We should see a doctor and have him prescribe more specific medicine because allergies must be treated first. I want to make the symptoms disappear. Although we can always rely on home remedies to make the job easier.
On the other hand, people turn to helpful eye drops available in pharmacies. It has different components depending on the problem. Some are available with a prescription and others are available free of charge. However, if you prefer something more natural, Below, we offer some of the best home remedies to avoid itching.
1. Apply a cold compress to that area.
If itching is a sign of allergies The first thing you should do is place a cool object on it. in that area Pour cold water into your eyes, but be careful not to hurt yourself. Then wrap a few ice cubes in a cloth and place it on the eyelid. In just under 5 minutes, you will notice that your eyes don’t sting like before.
If you don’t have ice You can try using a cold spoon. Put four or six in the freezer for 5 minutes and when you take them out, Place on your eyelid until it cools down. Then repeat this step with the other two items you left in the freezer earlier. Swelling will decrease gradually. This trick works because When we put a cold compress on the eyelid The blood vessels that supply the area will shrink and inflammation will decrease.
2. Aloe vera juice
We all know the great benefits of this medicinal plant. which can be used for all types of problems In this case, it is enough to extract juice from aloe vera leaves. Cut and then use a knife to push the filling into a container so it is transparent and even. Put in the freezer until hard. Then add a little cold water until it softens. Then take a cotton ball and dip it in the juice to apply on the closed eyelids. Finally, lie down and relax for a while, listen to music or whatever you want. You must wait for the skin to absorb all the properties of aloe vera first. You will soon notice how your eyes shrink and stop itching.
There are some plants that are beneficial and relieve itching. The most important are:
- Euphrasia: It is a medicinal plant that has many properties for these organs. And you can buy it from herbal shops. First, place the leaves in boiling water. It must be thick first. Then pour it into a container and chill in the refrigerator. You should soak a cotton pad or gauze and apply it on your eyelid. Repeat this step twice for each application. and two to three times a day
- Chamomile : We follow the same steps as in the previous time. It is effective because it is refreshing and because It has sedative, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Brewing Scotch Elm. It is typical of North America. But it is also sold in Spain. Highly recommended for swollen and itchy eyes for immediate relief.
- Meliloto: It can also be purchased at herbal stores and has similar properties to the previous product. One third is appropriate and consistent. You can mix them together.
Soak two bags of black or green tea and place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes when they are very cold. Take it out and place it on your sore eye. Repeat this process three to four times a day. Tea will help relieve itchy eyes because it contains High concentration of bioflavonoids and anti-inflammatory substances.It will help protect your eyes from bacterial and viral infections. This reduces the risk of developing conjunctivitis. Or if you already have one It will make the symptoms of red eyes disappear.
4. Cucumber cut into pieces
It is one of the most popular home remedies for tired eyes. It consists of cutting cucumbers into pieces and soaking them in ice water. After Apply directly on the eyelids and wait 5 minutes for it to take effect.. You can also take advantage and place a pair under your eyes which will help reduce the size of bags and dark circles. You can use it if your itching is of allergic origin.
5. Castor oil
Another ingredient noted specifically for its anti-inflammatory properties You will need to find a small bottle of 100% castor oil and apply a few drops to the affected area. Used for the outer part of the eye. In the case of conjunctivitis or swollen eyelids but never inside With the oil, you will not only relieve swelling. But it also makes your eyelashes strong. Of course, it must be 100% pure and not mixed with any other chemicals.
6. Eyewash from coriander
Itchy eyes can be caused by dryness, such as in arid environments. In these cases The eyes lose their natural moisture and become itchy until they regain their natural moisture.
Put coriander seeds in boiling water. Let it cool and then use a strainer to separate it from the liquid. Rinse your eyes with liquid.
Prevents itchy eyes
Prevention is better than cure. So if you have sensitive eyes We’ll leave you with one final tip for avoiding itching that will be helpful whether you have allergies or not.
- Vacuum frequently to avoid dust buildup in the environment.
- Wear sunglasses often. To avoid contact with suspended particles
- Use a humidifier to maintain adequate moisture in your eyes.
- If you have allergies Avoid walking in the countryside during spring and summer. Including areas where dust accumulates.
- Instead of reading on your computer or tablet, use an eReader that doesn’t damage your eyesight. This is because light is projected onto the screen. Not in our eyes
- Reduce your contact lens use. In addition to irritating you when used for a long time, Pollen can also stick to surfaces. And it can give you a bad time. Use at night or in the afternoon. When suppressed pollen levels decrease