This drug is often prescribed to treat stress and nerve problems. Although experts must strictly follow this. Because it can cause severe addiction symptoms.
Lexatin, which comes in red and white capsules, is one of the better-known benzodiazepine medicines, which also includes diazepam, clonazepam or flurazepam.
Its active ingredient is bromazepam. This may have one or the other effect depending on the dose used. If taken in small amounts, it helps control anxiety and nervous conditions. while in higher doses it acts as a sedative and muscle relaxant..
Doctors usually prescribe this drug to patients with symptoms related to anxiety and nervousness. tension clinical depression or difficulty sleeping
Precautions for taking medicine
Before starting treatment with Lexatin or any other drug, you must inform your healthcare professional if you have any symptoms or contraindications that may affect the correct functioning of the drug. In specific cases, Lexatin is not recommended for use in patients with the following diseases:
- If you are allergic to bromazepam.The active ingredient of Lexatin or other ingredients of the drug such as lactose, red iron oxide, gelatin, talc or corn starch, and many more. It is recommended to get an in-depth look at the composition of the drug to prevent autoimmune cases. Too sensitive
- If it is proven that you suffer from Allergy to benzodiazepines In general
- If you suffer from sleep apneaA condition that causes abnormal breathing during sleep and can be disrupted for a short period of time.
- If you have been diagnosed with the disease Some types of liver or respiratory problems serious.
- If you have severe muscle weakness (Myasthenia Gravis)It is a disease whose main symptoms include weakness and a feeling of muscle fatigue.
- If you are dependent on alcohol or drugsThis is because consuming Lexatin can make this condition worse.
- If the patient has shown Signs of depression or suicidal intent.
- If you are taking any other medicines This is because it may cause changes in the normal functioning of the medicine, whether it is decreased or increased.
Lexatin side effects
This medicine is like any other medicine. That can cause certain side effects, which are important to know before starting treatment with Lexatin. Primary side effects include:
- Feeling confused and dizzy
- Nausea and vomiting
- Feeling of muscle fatigue with fatigue and weakness.
- double vision
Side effects are generally reported. Symptoms usually disappear with continued treatment with Lexatin.However, when people who take this drug notice other types of symptoms. It is necessary to see a doctor immediately so that he or she can estimate further treatment and take appropriate measures. Some of these reactions may be:
- Disorders related to the immune system that can cause this Development of allergies, shock or swelling. of the face (angioedema)
- Heart problems From heart failure to heart attack
- Kidney and urinary tract conditions
- psychiatric disorders such as mood or libido disorders, depression, aggression, delirium, and rage. Hallucinations, psychosis, abnormal memory…
- Effects on the respiratory system This can manifest as slow, shallow breathing.
- Abnormalities in the dermis Such as skin rash, itching, or hives.
- In elderly patients, this drug may be used. Increased risk of fracture and traumatic injury. When a collision or fall occurs
How to take medicine
Treatment with Lexatin is the same as for any other type of medication. It should always be started after receiving a prescription from a medical professional. and should not be eaten by itself When the doctor sees that the patient will benefit from consumption, he or she must specify how to use it. According to the guidelines, the dosage that is usually recommended for most patients is: No more than 3 capsules per day.The doctor is the only person who can increase the dose and prolong the treatment.
The latter usually lasts between 8 and 12 weeks, after which the dose should be tapered gradually. To avoid withdrawal symptoms, besides, Should the medicine be taken before or after each meal? without chewing and drinking a little water -Shouldn’t drink alcoholic beverages. This may increase Lexatin’s sedative ability.
Other information to consider
When storing Lexatin products, Store in a container and at a temperature below 25°C.. It should not be consumed if the expiration date has passed and always be stored in special points for drug withdrawal and packaging.
In cases where women are pregnant or intend to become pregnant, they must consult their doctor about taking medicine. Some studies show that When consuming Lexatin during the last month of pregnancy May affect newborns. body temperature drops This causes muscle loss or respiratory problems. Therefore, consumption in this situation must be determined strictly by a specialist. It is not recommended to take the medicine when you are breastfeeding.
One of the primary effects of Lexatin is fatigue and drowsiness. It is therefore recommended that you do not drive or operate heavy or dangerous machinery.
In case of overdose, inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately. The main symptoms of consuming too much Lexatin are: development of mental confusion Lack of coordination (ataxia), low blood pressure or respiratory depression.
Consumption of Lexatin and other drugs from the benzodiazepine group. It can cause physical or psychological dependence on the drug.This generally occurs when a patient takes Lexatin for a long time without interruption. This is why treatment should only be started when a health professional has prescribed it. And always follow the instructions regarding dosage and time of consumption.